Lymphatic drainage therapy (LDT) is a gentle, noninvasive form of bodywork focused on assessing and directing the superficial and deep lymph flow in the body.
The term “lymph” refers to the purified fluid that bathes all cells. The lymphatic system plays a major role in immunity, facilitates the removal of waste and foreign substances, and helps supply cells with nutrients and oxygen. Without a properly functioning lymphatic system, fluid stagnation occurs and the body becomes more susceptible to illness. The purpose of lymphatic drainage therapy is to restore equilibrium in the tissues for overall better health.
Mapping techniques are used in lymphatic drainage therapy to determine where in the body the lymph needs assistance. Providing gentle support to lymph flow in these areas of need enhances fluid circulation, stimulates the immune system and promotes a state of balance within the autonomic nervous system.
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
The rhythm, pressure
- Relieves chronic pain due to tissue-fluid stagnation
- Helps bring nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Encourages the removal of toxins and cellular waste
- Speeds tissue and cell regeneration
- Improves the appearance of scars, stretch marks, wrinkles
- Reduces premenstrual swelling
- Improves immune system functioning and helps the body fight infections
- Reduces chronic inflammation
- Promotes relaxation to aid insomnia, depression, stress, fatigue and memory loss
Feel Better with LDT
To schedule an appointment for lymphatic drainage therapy, please contact us. Questions and thoughts are welcome. Lymphatic drainage therapy sessions are by appointment only, and we will work together to set up a time that is best for you.
Please note: The phone at In Balance is placed on silent. This ensures that clients currently receiving treatment will not be disturbed, and may fully enjoy the time they have set aside for themselves. Please leave us a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.