Being blessed with
Doula services provide childbirth support and education for expectant couples during pregnancy, labor, delivery and the postpartum period. Each stage of pregnancy presents new choices and opportunities that become easier to navigate with a doula. You will be supported mentally, physically and emotionally through a life-changing journey.
Our doula services are delivered with a nurturing touch and a genuinely caring approach. The well-being of Mom and Baby are continuously promoted throughout the prenatal and postnatal stages. Doula services are dedicated to comfort, peace
Doula services are offered by Martha Davis and include:
- Two initial meetings for prospective clients, where in-depth discussions will take place, addressing topics such
as:services offered (doula and other); availability; logistics; answers to any questions; birth plan; fears; comfort measures; labor positions, etc.
- Use of our extensive library of pregnancy, childbirth, nursing, parenting and other helpful books, videos, and literature.
- Availability by phone for a discussion of any questions.
- On-call availability the week before and the week after the
- When in labor, contact by phone as to when and where Martha will meet the parents (home or hospital).
- Continuous birth support during labor, delivery and recovery time until the new family is situated (at home or hospital).
- Bodywork/massage therapy for Mom and Baby, either at the hospital or at home.
To complement our doula services, Martha offers massage, bodywork and other healing services to support you and your family during this precious time.
- Pregnancy massage
- Craniosacral therapy
- Lymphatic drainage therapy
- Postpartum home visits
- Infant massage and movement classes
Support Your Growing Family
Appointments can be made to discuss doula services either at In Balance or at another location. Please contact us to request an initial meeting with Martha. Questions and suggestions are welcome.
Please note: The phone at In Balance is placed on silent. This ensures that clients currently receiving treatment will not be disturbed, and may fully enjoy the time they have set aside for themselves. Please leave us a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.